tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Barry Dunne" <barrydu...@hotmail.com>
Subject security and weblogic
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:42:47 GMT
Hi,

I have a web site hosted in tomcat4m4, and have got security set up and
working fine for different web pages.

I also use WebLogic 5.1 and have ejb's running there with security set up
and working fine for different methods in the beans (when called by standard
client).

The problem comes when trying to get a secured tomcat web site to use
secured weblogic beans. WebLogic is not being told the username and password
in the context passed to it and so it thinks I am "Guest".

I could manually pass this info across from within the servlet if I knew it,
but I can only get the username ( request.getUserPrincipal().getName() ), I
can't get the password.

Has anybody got security working between tomcat and weblogic, if so how did
you pass the user info through?

Or, if someone could tell me how to find out the current principal's
password I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Barry.