tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Molloy" <mollo...@eeng.dcu.ie>
Subject Oracle and Tomcat
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:29:31 GMT
Hi,

	I've been through all this before with JServ and I'm working
on Tomcat now.  I'm trying to get JDBC connections going with Tomcat
(I've got a connection pool) and I get the standard:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc8 in java.library.path
	at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
      etc..

This is the same as I got in JServ and it is due to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
not being set correctly.  I've a little confused in Tomcat how this
should be set though...

At the top of the tomcat.sh file I added the lines...
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/oracle_sw/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/lib
echo "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle_sw/app/oracle/product/8.1.5
ORACLE_SID=OAK
DISPLAY=oak.hostname.ie:0.0

Also in the tomcat.properties file I added in the lines....

# An environment name with value passed to the JVM
# Syntax: wrapper.env=[name]=[value] (String)
# Default: NONE on Unix Systems
#          SystemDrive and SystemRoot with appropriate values on Win32 systems
wrapper.env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/oracle_sw/app/oracle/product/8.1.5/lib
wrapper.env=ORACLE_HOME=/oracle_sw/app/oracle/product/8.1.5
wrapper.env=ORACLE_SID=OAK
wrapper.env=DISPLAY=oak.hostname.ie:0.0

However none of these seem to have any effect when I kill Tomcat and
start it again.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... I presume
I am just setting the environment variables wrong since I have the
exact same stuff working concurrently with JServ.  Thanks.

David

PS: System is Oracle8.1.5, Solaris7, Tomcat3.1 Release