tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luis Canals <>
Subject RE: Protecting directory listing for tomcat
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:17:00 GMT

try this simple solution:
	put an index.html file (or some of the files in <welcome-file-list>
in the conf/web.xml directory) in your webapps/MyContext directory. This
index.html will be loaded by default, instead of listing the directory

Luis Canals

-----Original Message-----
From: Zeltser, Mark []
Sent: viernes, 10 de noviembre de 2000 23:31
To: ''
Subject: Protecting directory listing for tomcat

Is this possible to protect directory listing under tomcat? I have
directories with jsp files under webapps/myContext which I would like to
protect from viewing.

Thanks, Mark.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it
and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or
copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
relate to the official business of Newknow shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.

View raw message