tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Einfeldt <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Strange Session Behavior....
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 07:47:41 GMT

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
<snip/>
> Sessions get destroyed only when they time out or when you
> invalidate them.
<snip/>
- What happens if classes are reloaded ?
  Good old jserv used to invalidate the session a soon
  as one class was reloaded due to a change.
<snip/>
> However, I'd bet the cause of your problem is a forgotten call to
> response.encodeURL().  This will cause the next request in to start a
new
> session -- and if that request goes directly to a JSP page (so your
bean
> construction hasn't yet had a chance to execute) you will get the
results you
> see.
<snip/>
Although your guess is the most likely, there might be two further valid
guesses
- encodeURL() is not working correct under all conditions
- tomcat sometime creates sessions

Message to the original poster James Morgenstein:
All three guesses can be validated through following test:
  run a site grabber (like wget) and look at the url's
  this way you can find if the session id changes somewhere
  or is missing.
  Analyse what you saw ...