tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Liu <Steven....@veritas.com>
Subject Help : can't get java compiling through
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 23:59:34 GMT
Hi, any one can tell me why I cant get the this example compiled out.
code is at tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/RequestParamExample.java
when I do javac RequestParamExample.java , get following output:

RequestParamExample.java:8: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
RequestParamExample.java:9: package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.*;
^
RequestParamExample.java:19: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServlet
location: class RequestParamExample
public class RequestParamExample extends HttpServlet {
                                         ^
RequestParamExample.java:24: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
location: class RequestParamExample
                      ^
RequestParamExample.java:25: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletResponse
location: class RequestParamExample
                      HttpServletResponse response)
                      ^
RequestParamExample.java:26: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServletException
location: class RequestParamExample
        throws IOException, ServletException
                            ^
RequestParamExample.java:84: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
location: class RequestParamExample
    public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request,
                       ^
RequestParamExample.java:85: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletResponse
location: class RequestParamExample
                      HttpServletResponse response)
                      ^
RequestParamExample.java:86: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServletException
location: class RequestParamExample
        throws IOException, ServletException
                            ^
9 errors

Any reason, I cant import javax.serlet ?

My working env is as following:
Apache 1.3.14
JDK    1.3.0
JSDK is tomcat from
//jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.1/src/jakarta-tomcat.tar.Z

Cheers,

        steven.liu@veritas.com
                                 _____

                                  \_/

          Every once in a while, the boundaries get redefined.