tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ole E. Nielsen" <...@post.tele.dk>
Subject Problem with directory listing when running tomcat as NT service
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:19:52 GMT
Hi tonmcat users,

I’m not able to get a directory listing when running tomcat as NT service,
when the docBase is outside of the tomcat directory.

This does not work properly when I run tomcat as a NT service.
<Context path="/food" docBase="c:/food/build/food" debug="9"
reloadable="true" >
</Context>

But if I put it under the webapp root or use relative path
“../../food/build/food” the servlets works fine.

The directory listing and access to html documents through tomcat doesn’t
work. I have found, that there’s a difference if you start tomcat as a NT
service or just in a command prompt. The directory listing works fine if you
just use a command prompt.

Can anyone help?

I’m running tomcat3.1 under windows 2000 server.

Many regards from

Ole Engele Nielsen
Consultant at InterResearch

InterResearch ApS - Trekronergade 126 F - 2500 Valby
Phone: +45 36 14 80 34 - Mobile: +45 20 10 21 74 - Fax: +45 36 14 80 20
E-mail: oen@interresearch.dk - Homepage: www.interresearch.dk