tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amrhein, Thomas" <tamrh...@debis.com>
Subject AW: <error-page> in web.xml
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:47:59 GMT
I tried it, too.
But I have the same problem. Tomcat hangs in an endless loop, if I have
following web.xml:

<error-page>
           <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
           <location>/exception.jsp</location>
</error-page>
<error-page>
      <error-code>404</error-code>
      <location>/404.jsp</location>
</error-page>

You say, you have no problem using x.html - Files as location?
I have to use x.jsp
Which Tomcat-Version do you use?
I still use 3.2beta5.

regards,

Thomas

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Katrin_Seiffert@mn.man.de [mailto:Katrin_Seiffert@mn.man.de]
Gesendet am: Freitag, 10. November 2000 11:24
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: <error-page> in web.xml

I have to write the following in the web.xml-File:

<error-page>
           <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
           <location>/exception.html</location>
</error-page>

But the tomcat don't catch the exception and don't show the
exception.html-Page.

My tomcat have no problem with the following:
<error-page>
      <error-code>500</error-code>
      <location>/ex1.html</location>
</error-page>