tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kaushal Patel <KPa...@mail.doi.state.nc.us>
Subject Database connection pooling with tomcat
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:46:21 GMT

Question  What is the best way to do connection pooling to
                 multiple oracle database with tomcat ?

Hello All I have posted this message yesterday
but haven't gotten any reply so trying it again to-day
hope some one will be able to offer some help / thoughts

I am trying to get he Pool Manger working
I have a Redhat Linux 6.1 box with Apache &
Tomcat 3.1 on it, my jsp pages work fine
I am able to get connection to databases using
Oracle  type 4 jdbc thin driver

I have downloaded PoolMan v1.4 from codestudio.com
and am trying to set-up connection pooling
I have done all the classpath setting as per
the install doc still I keep getting a message
saying classNotfound exception
           nullpointer exception

What am I missing any help would be appreciated !!

Question 1 Has anyone got this working ?
Question 2 What is the best way to do connection pooling with tomcat ?

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,
KPatel

P.S.
I tired running the test PoolMan.jsp util page they provide and
got this below message
ResultSet

ERROR: Unable to process query.
Please verify that PoolMan.jar and your JDBC Driver are in your application
server's CLASSPATH.
If the problem continues, try testing your database and JDBC configuration
via PoolManSample from the command line.