tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Noel Morgan <noelmor...@mailspace.com>
Subject Re: How to configure Mysql with Tomcat.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:35:51 GMT
For Tomcat 3.2b6 I used:

my setup:
Apache 1.3.12
RH 6.2 Linux 2.2.14-5.0

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/DatabaseName?user=dbuser&password=dbpassword");

put the jdbc drivers in the classes folder of your
app like:

cp -Rf $JDBC_HOME/org $MYAPP_HOME/WEB-INF/classes

That should do it, but I have noticed serious
performance degradation in switching from JServ
1.1.2 to Tomcat 3.2b6. I am not sure if I am missing
something in the docs, but JServ 1.1.2/GNUJsp 1.0 is
IMHO much faster (at least with the mm.mysql JDBC
driver apps I have written) If someone could point
me to some tuning tips/parameters I may have missed
in the standard docs I would really appreciate it.

Noel