tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phil_Hed...@Mitel.COM
Subject Bug using HttpUtils.parsePostData ?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:54:46 GMT
Hi all,

I call HttpUtils.parsePostData() in my servlet which works fine.

When I have finished processing the data I forward the request to a jsp page
using :-

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/mypage.jsp").forward(request,response)

At this point I get an internal server error with a
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException error.
The exception originates from a subsequent call to HttpUtils.parsePostData()  by
the server when processing my jsp page.

If I replace the call to HttpUtils.parsePostData() (in my servlet) with
request.getParameter() for each form element, then everything works fine.

Does the call to HttpUtils.parsePostData() from my servlet somehow invalidate
the subsequent call to the same method ?
Is this a bug ?

I'm using Tomcat and Linux.

Thanks,
Phil Hedley