tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Nelson <bnel...@extricity.com>
Subject 3.2 Release ?
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 23:16:41 GMT
What is the '3.2 release issue'?  Can we expect to see a final version of
Tomcat 3.2 any time soon?

We're testing with Tomcat 3.2 beta 6, but don't want to ship with it until
it's final.

Many thanks,
Barbara Nelson.

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 9:59 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Where is the webdav support for
jakarta-tomcat-4.0-20001103.tar.gz

Ray Allis wrote:

> (Which BTW is the last real dev snapshot. 1104 on are 1k.)

Yah, there's a bug in the build process that will be addressed as soon
as we put the 3.2 release issue to bed.

> webdav/index.html says:
> "Tomcat 4.0 includes built-in support for WebDAV level 2, which
> enables remote authoring of the website. You can test these
> capabilities using a WebDAV client like MS WebFolders (included
> with IE 4.0 and up), MS Office 2000, DAV Explorer (others are
> listed on the webpages linked below), and point to the /webdav
> path of the server.
>
> This test context is DAV enabled, but has been set up in read-only
> mode for safety reasons. It can be put in read-write mode by editing
> the web application descriptor file (WEB-INF/web.xml)."
>
> Is webdav in the dev queue?  No harassment meant, just curious. :-)

It's actually present in the Tomcat 4.0 milestone 4 release.  If you
start up Tomcat and point your browser at http://localhost:8080, you
will see a hyperlink to a webdav enabled context.  By default, this is
read only but can be adjusted by parameters in the web.xml file to
become read-write.

> Ray Allis

Craig McClanahan