tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Huisman <chris.huis...@matrikon.com>
Subject trouble with startup
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:43:22 GMT
Hello,

I am having a hard time getting tomcat to perform properly.  When I attempt
to start tomcat in the background using bin\startup I get the following
message:
I am using Windows NT.  Any ideas?  When I run bin\tomcat start from the
command line, a new command prompt window pops up extremely briefly.  How do
I check to see if tomcat is running or not?

Another question, where is the standard location for servlet classes???  I
have the core servlets and JSP book and it says in Tomcat 3.1 the standard
location for classes is either:
		install_dir\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes
				OR
		install_dir\classes
Neither of these exist.  Where do I put my class files?

Also I am trying to configure tomcat into apache, and it says after adding
the include file, you should also copy the jserv module to the apache
libexec directory.  Where can I find jserv, and where is the libexec
directory?

Here are my classpath, and tomcat home files.  Please let me know if they
are incorrect.

CLASSPATH =
.;C:\'install_dir'\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Symphony\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jspengine.
jar

TOMCAT_HOME = 'install_dir'\

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris HUisman.