tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Schell Wolfgang <Wolfgang.Sch...@mhm6.siemens.de>
Subject RE: problems getting jdom to work
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:19:55 GMT
> I can't get jdom to work.
>
> I'm using jdom beta5 and tomcat 3.1 embedded with
> apache 1.3.14. The sample servlets work just fine, and
> my own servlet works too, unless it comes to the XML
> parsing part.
> I have included jdom.jar in the jakarta-tomcat\lib\ directory
> and modified the tomcat.bat file. My .class-files reside in the same
> directory as the sample servlets  (
> jakarta-tomcat\webapps\examples\Web-inf\classes\ ).
> As a java-application, the program works perfectly, but as
> a servlet, I get the following Error:500:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.DocumentType: method
> getPublicId()Ljava/lang/String; not found
>         at
> org.jdom.input.DOMBuilder.buildTree(DOMBuilder.java, Compiled
> Code)
[snip]

You probably have an old version of the w3c DOM classes in your classpath.
JDOM might bring the version it needs with it but they might be hidden by
some prior version somewhere in your classpath.
Try to put the JDOM classes first in your classpath. If you don't have the
newest DOM classes go to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/java-binding.html
and download the DOM level 2 classes.

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Schell

Virus checked  by Siemens AG ATD TD GFA Mannheim