tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duane Morse <dmo...@eldocomp.com>
Subject Error parsing JSP with tag library -- how do I track down what's wrong?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:31:14 GMT
I'm "porting" software from JRun, where it all runs fine, to Tomcat, and a
JSP which uses a simple tag extension fails with the following error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to open taglibrary
www.eldocomp.com/webpac/taglibs/utils : Parse Error in the tag library
descriptor: Element type "web-app" is not declared.

In this case, "www.eldocomp.....utils" is the taglib-uri value in web.xml,
and the taglib-location value is WEB-INF/lib/utils_tl.jar, and the jar file
includes "META-INF/taglib.tld".

Considering that JRun processes web.xml and this stuff fine, what's the
problem here?  I can't find
anything in the log files or the console to enlighten me, and the temporary
.java file created for the JSP is empty.
I have the debug level set to 9, but that doesn't seem to help.

Duane Morse, Eldorado Computing Inc., Phoenix AZ