tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Stubenrauch,Andreas" <me...@erv.de>
Subject RE: running tomcat as 'nobody', and thousands of servlet context entries
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:54:27 GMT
Hi,

Q1)
Probably still a user-rights problem. Make sure user nobody has rwx on
$TOMCAT_HOME/work and access to all context dirs (under webapp)

Q2)
You might encounter several problems here. With some clever links and
mod_rewrite rules you might establish a per user mapped context-dir but do
you want to have all 3500 with in one Tomcat instance(one JVM). If one needs
to reload/stop a servlet the engine has to be stopped for all 3499 users as
well.
To bypass that you will need a separate Tomcat for each user with will lead
to a lot of memory and cpu consumption.

Reagards,
Andreas