tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sandor Spruit <san...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re[2]: Is 3.1 a production ready release?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:33:28 GMT

Simon

On Tuesday, November 14, 2000, 10:18:50 AM, you wrote:

Kitching> Hi,

Kitching> No, 3.1 is not production quality - I know, I tried :-(

Kitching> However, 3.2 is due out in a matter of a week or two.
Kitching> I am using 3.2beta6 for a small-medium volume
Kitching> business-to-business web site, and it is ok. Not
Kitching> the fastest webserver in the world, but adequate,
Kitching> open-source, free, standards-compliant, and
Kitching> improving at a great rate.

Isn't Tomcat supposed to be used in conjunction with a good
webserver like Apache ?

Sandor

--
ir A.G.L. Spruit, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Institute of information and computing sciences