tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Riza Shaharudin Abdul Razak <r...@cs.usm.my>
Subject JasperException when compiling jsp
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:05:43 GMT
Hi,
  I'm developing web-based email using JavaMail 1.1 and JSP + Java Beas as
its interface, implementing simple stuff like check mail, view, reply and
delete. I'm using Tomcat 3.1 with JDK1.3 on Win98. Everything works fine
except two parts, my reply.jsp and delete.jsp. It works fine on and off,
with no recognizeable pattern, and with no changes to the codes. This is
the error I receive from my reply.jsp, which is similar for delete.jsp.

Error: 500
Location: /webmail/reply.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:
null
nullorg.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPnull      at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:425)null
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:149)null

at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:161)null
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)null
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)null
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)null     at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)null
at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)null
at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)null

at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)null
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)null
nullRoot cause:null
nulljava.lang.NullPointerExceptionnull  at
java.io.Win32FileSystem.normalize(Unknown Source)null        at
java.io.Win32FileSystem.getUserPath(Unknown Source)null      at
java.io.Win32FileSystem.resolve(Unknown Source)null  at
java.io.File.getAbsolutePath(Unknown Source)null     at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java:150)null
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.pushFile(JspReader.java:125)null
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.(JspReader.java:219)null        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.createJspReader(JspReader.java:225)null
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:155)null   at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)null
[...]

I tried removing both files from my webapps/wemail folder, sometimes it
tells me "file not found", most of the times I receive the same error, even
after restarting tomcat. Out of curiosity, I removed other jsp files which
are working, and I received the same error yet again. Only after removing
everything in tomcat/work folder can I get tomcat to tell me the files are
missing. But for reply.jsp and delete.jsp, I still receive the same error.
We tried it on three different PCs, and we see the error most of the time,
and it works fine sometimes. I think it might be tomcat's setting, but I'm
not sure where to start looking. I'd appreciate any input.

Regards,
         Riza Shaharudin Abdul Razak.
         riza@cs.usm.my
         riza@hotbot.com