tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Oxley <d...@staffplanner.co.uk>
Subject RE: workers - loadbalancing
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 15:48:15 GMT
I haven't yet got round to trying this but....

I believe the worker.ajp13.lbfactor parameter is only the priority of this
worker (not the number of processes). You must start your own processes
seperatley as in virtual hosting and set up your
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers to point at the various workers you
have set up. You must then swap your config in mod_jk.conf from using ajp13
or ajp12 to use lb.

i.e. Something like this:

worker.ajp13_1.port=8009
worker.ajp13_1.host=localhost
worker.ajp13_1.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13_1.lbfactor=3

worker.ajp13_2.port=8009
worker.ajp13_2.host=otherserver
worker.ajp13_2.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13_2.lbfactor=12

worker.ajp13_3.port=8011
worker.ajp13_3.host=localhost
worker.ajp13_3.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13_3.lbfactor=3

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13_1, ajp13_2, ajp13_3

The better the machine (or less busy) set the lbfactor for each worker
higher.

Dave
Dave@Staffplanner.co.uk