tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Bjørnbak <bjorn...@iuas.dk>
Subject RE: Tomcat and a watch guard firewall
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:06:26 GMT
Hi Peter

Acording the standard Tomcat configuration files the ports used is 8080 for
standalone connections to Tomcat and port 8007 for Apache connection...

See server.xml for Tomcat configuration and apache-tomcat.conf for mod_jserv
configuration in the tomcat/conf directory.

/Christian Bjørnbak

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Chase [mailto:PChase@imrglobal.co.uk]
Sent: 23. november 2000 15:59
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Tomcat and a watch guard firewall

We currently have a Watchguard firewall and we are having problems getting
access to the Tomcat server externally (internal connections show the site
is running OK).

We have opened port 8020 which the development team tell us is the standard
port. The firewall does do a port mapping so port x.x.x.254 is mapped to
y.y.y.254.

Has anyone come across any issues with Firewall configuration ?

Thanks

Peter Chase

                Confidentiality Notice

This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If you
think, for any reason, that this message may have been addressed to you
in error, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance
on it, and we would ask you to notify us immediately by return email to
"info@imrglobal.co.uk".

Registered Office:    IMRglobal Limited, Broadlands House, Primett Road,
Stevenage, Herts. SG1 3EE
Registered Number: 1499718