tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Mandl <sj...@cornell.edu>
Subject tomcat iis howto
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:51:12 GMT

Hello-
     I have a suggestion for an addition to the tomcat iis howto document.
I have a printout I got from
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html
under winnt troubleshooting, step 4, you should add that the user iis is
running with must have access to the isapi_redirect.dll, and the root of
the drive . Otherwise you get a stop sign icon when creating the virtual
directory. Also the user the web server uses for anonymous authentication
(iusr_machinename) needs access to isapi_redirect.dll. This isn't that much
extra stuff to add, and even though it might better belong in the
documentation for iis, iis is poorly documented and these permission
problems are very common when doing anything exotic with iis in general.
-Steve Mandl
                          \|||/
                          (O O)
----------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------------------------
|Steve Mandl               | PDC Programming Group
|Programmer                | Cornell University
|sjm34@cornell.edu         | 110 Humphreys Service
Building
|Voice: 607-255-8010       | Ithaca, NY 14850
|Fax:   607-274-2022  .oooO| dataworks.fcs.cornell.edu
                                 (_/