tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: importing javax.mail.* from within JSP servlets
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:21:55 GMT
Giorgio Brajnik wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm trying to write a jsp that imports javax.mail.* but jasper complains
> with
> "Package javax.mail not found in import.
> import javax.mail.*;"
> I tried to put the i2ee.jar file almost everywhere, including

What is the "i2ee.jar" file, and what does it contain?  (You can find out, if
you're curious, by typing the following command):

    jar tvf i2ee.jar

You need the "mail.jar" file from the JavaMail release, and the "activation.jar"
from the Java Activation Framework release, on your classpath.  You can get
these releases from <>.

Craig McClanahan

View raw message