tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Wenz <christian.w...@stud.tu-muenchen.de>
Subject Re: Windows 98 startup problem
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:49:21 GMT
Hi,

   1.Close the DOS window (the error can corrupt its CLASSPATH variable).
   2.Open a new DOS window.
   3.Click on the MS-DOS icon at the top left of the window.
   4.Select the Properties option.
   5.Click on the Memory tab.
   6.Adjust the Initial Environment drop-down box from Auto to 2816.
   7.Click OK.
   8.Start the server.

Regards
Christian

ohouyoux@netcourrier.com wrote:

> I hopelessly try and use Tomcat v3.1 on my Win98 platform but I always get an error message
at startup that says something like "Insufficient Environment Space".

> I think that this problem avoids Tomcat from accessing the compiler and so no JSP page
can be compiled.

> It always happens at the line "set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar" of
the tomcat.bat file and I'm sure that the CLASSPATH and JAVA_HOME variables have been set
correctly (set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3 ...)