tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anne and Bill Moore <nzmo...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: <%@ include %> too conservative?
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:15:33 GMT
Alvin Hung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently in Tomcat 3.1 <%@ include %> will prevent you from including the
> same jsp > 1 times.  However, if I have a page and I want to display the
> same menu structure at the top AND the bottom, I do want to include the same
> jsp twice!  Is there a way to get around this limitation?  I really don't
> want to do cut and paste.  Thanks.

> Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
Yes I previously investigated the same problem, but I dont thing this
was a limitation, it was  a bug - 3.2 versions of Tomcat ( betas 7 and 8
), 4.0 versions of Tomcat, and various other servlet engines I have
tried all allow  multiple includes of the same file
--
Thanks and Regards
Anne and Bill Moore