tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chetna Bhatt <c_bh...@vsnl.com>
Subject Re: ERROR: 500
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:54:58 GMT
Hi,
First of all, is your tomcat running properly?Which version of Jre r u using and
also which is your web server?
The Jre version should be 1.3 and also the jdk path should be set as well as the
classpath for the jdk.
the CLASSPATH should be:
        .;C:\jdk1.2.1\lib\tools.jar;
 and the Path should be set to:
        C:\jdk1.2.1\bin;C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\Jre\1.3\bin;
And if u r using Apache as the webserver then Tomcat should be started first and
the Apache Server.
Also there is a ApacheModuleJServ.dll file that has to be downloaded and kept in
the modules folder of  Apache.

Let me know if this works.

Regards
CB