tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael G. Anderson C.T.O." <RIEMANN...@home.com>
Subject Re: Really Offtopic - Resultsets from Oracle stored proc
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:00:56 GMT
Here is something that I had to write up for a recruiter to test the knowledge of
Web Architect/DBA candidates....
I never got a thank you either :(

Perhaps I made an error in these Q&As...

Q: Please write 2 lines of  'java' code that will execute an "Oracle stored
Procedure" called SHOW_SUPPLIERS. <assume the code will be in a servlet.>

A: CallableStatement cs = con.prepareCall("{call SHOW_SUPPLIERS}");
     ResultSet rs = cs.executeQuery();

If he/she writes this exactly -- he/she is probably tour 'candidate' Note: they
must have the "curly braces" in the command.
i.e. The part that is enclosed in curly braces is the escape syntax for stored
procedures. and the java code is "case-sensitive"

Q: Ask the candidate what class is "CallableStatement" subclassed from?