tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat server access logs?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 00:28:06 GMT
Rick Castello wrote:

> I've searched the site, the FAQ, and what of the mailing lists
> I could find, to no avail.
>
> I am having great difficulty finding info on access logging for
> Tomcat.
>
> I am running Tomcat solo, with Cocoon.  I am *not* running
> it along with Apache server, as I am only serving XML/WML
> pages- nothing static.
>
> Does anyone have any help on access logging?
> I need to track site stats, but don't get useful access info in my
> tomcat.log file.  Is there a special verbosity that gives "normal"
> access info, like Apache?

Tomcat 3.x does not have any access log style logging (although such a
module could be written fairly easily).  If you run Tomcat behind a web
server, all of the accesses to Tomcat will be included in the web
server's access log.

Tomcat 4.0 includes access log support for standalone mode "out of the
box.".

> Many thanks!
>
> -Rick Castello
> rick@punk.net