tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Keith <to...@paycom.net>
Subject How to configure Mysql with Tomcat.
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:58:41 GMT
Hello,

I wrote a simple servlet to insert a row into a mysql database table.
I'm running Tomcat 3.2b7.

What are the steps to configure Tomcat to work with this servlet?
The problem I'm having now is the driver isn't found.

Where do I place the driver? In the lib directory?

How do I reference a new instance of the driver?
This is how I reference it now:
Class.forName("org.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();

Will the connection information remain the same?
Here is the connection information I currently use:
con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost/webdata",
"user", "password");

TIA
--
Tony Keith