tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Ellis <jdell...@home.com>
Subject Re: form data to ejb
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:58:46 GMT
We typically use custom tags or servlets.  It is generally considered a
bad practice to use "Entity" beans from a client.  It is suggested to
use a session bean to fron the entity beans, then use regular javabeans
to transport data back and forth.  So, I would suggest you use a regular
bean to set and get properties, then a custom tag or servlet to send or
retrieve that to/from the server.

A complete and well-formed example is available at
http://www.javasoft.com/j2ee/download.html
This is the java pet store example and has several design patterns and
lots of code for J2EE applications.