tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sam Joseph <gai...@yha.att.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Tomcat with Java 1.3 under NT
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:51:03 GMT

Jens Rehp÷hler wrote:

> Hello Sam,
>
> > > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment]
> > > "CurrentVersion"="1.3"
> >
> > You changed the registry key back to 1.2?  Changed something else?
>
> No, I changed it not back, I changed it to "1.3". Perhaps you should check the
> "CurrentVersion" Key in "Java Developement Kit" too.

weird.  I got an error which said that the registry key was 1.3 and that it should
be 1.2
I unistalled the JRE and now tomcat works fine

> Did you set the JAVA_HOME and PATH Variables correctly?

with JRE uninstalled there is no problem.   However checking JAVA_HOME I can see I
was trying to run tomcat with the JAVA_HOME and PATH still set to jdk1.2.2, duh.

Thanks for the help, I think this should work now.

CHEERS> SAM