tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marco.van.Mee...@t-online.de (Marco van Meegen)
Subject Re: WWW-Authentication using Tomcat-form-based-login and Apache
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:13:05 GMT
sounds like I've got exactly the same problem. I didn't follow the thread in
the dev-mailinglist,
so I'm sorry if I repeat problems already solved there...

I'd like to set up exactly the same thing and found the same source in the
Professional JSP-book.
The questions for me are:

1) Tomcat 3.1 declares security-related features as alpha; anyone got an idea,
if security in 3.2b7
    might be suitable for production use already ?
2) If I define a security-constraint in Tomcat, using Apache and Tomcat; will
Apache know about this constraint ?
   Or do I have to serve all files under security constraints using tomcat,
even the static ones ?
   If so, would there be any reason for using Apache at all ?

Thanks for any clue in the darkness of authentication...

Marco