tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander ten Bruggencate <a.ten.bruggenc...@home.nl>
Subject Re: AW: Accessing Beans; was: aaargh..
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:30:41 GMT
Ralph Einfeldt wrote:

> You are mixing to different things.
>
> <jsp:setProperty/> works on beans.
> In JSP beans have to be declared and created
> with the <jsp:useBean/> tag.
>
> So your p is not a bean to JSP. To change
> this you have to use the <jsp:useBean/> tag.
> Otherwise the only way to access it, is to
> use it in expressions <%= p.someMethod() %> or
> scriptlets <% p.anotherMethod(); %>
>
> > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Hi,

thank you for that explanation,  i'm beginning to see the light...also
because william brogden replied to my orginal mail. ^_^

Although i still think it's strange that i have to use the useBean tag.

for example can i call different constructors of  the same bean with the
useBean tag?

-Alexander.