tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thom Park" <tp...@inprise.com>
Subject Re: I have tried to invoke EJB's from TOMCAT: NoInitialContextException:
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:16:56 GMT
Peter,

It looks like your JNDI context info isn't initialized (stating the obvious - I
apologize).

I had a similar problem (with env-entry constructs). Tomcat 3.2 doesn't come
with any JNDI so I had to add a JNDI service
layer of my own. Prior to the servlet that makes the EJB call, the JNDI
environment needs to be initialized such that any JNDI lookup calls
know where to start looking from.

Given I'm not an EJB wiz by any stretch of the imagination, all I can say is
check the EJB documentation from ORACLE that specifies the
setup steps needed to ensure that the intial context will succeed - I suspect
that the EJB call is trying to find EJB home or something or other from the
JNDI
service.

To solve my problem, I wrote a (very) simple interceptor that set up the initial
context information for the JNDI that I'm using in the preService call of the
interceptor. Sorry if I can't be of much more help.

I hope that you solve your problem. Tomcat 4.0 looks to be much, much nicer in
the JNDI area and for support of the ejb-ref construct (which Tomcat 3.x doesn't
deal with).

-Thom