tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Horst Fiedler <>
Subject Tomcat 3.2b7
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:32:03 GMT

Binary download crashes when attempting to access
admin's "view all contexts" jsp.

Failure is Nullpointerexception in ContextAdmin where getAttribute()
returns null:
    public void init(HttpServletRequest request) {
	FacadeManager facadeM=(FacadeManager)request.getAttribute(
	realRequest = facadeM.getRealRequest(request);

As no admin role was in, only change applied to downloaded version was
in tomcat-users.xml where a admin user was added:

<!-- tomcat admin -->
  <user name="webadmin" password="tomcat" roles="admin" />

For final 3.2 it would be nice if sufficient basic authentication is
included in binary download.

Environment: Linux SuSe 6.4, .tomcatrc for use by was:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3
export JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xmx64m"

Request created was:

Maybe I missed something as I did'nt deal with workers, in-process
features, ...

Last version seen ContextAdmin respond properly: Tomcat 3.1, but quite
sure, many things have changed since.

T echnische      I nformatik      F iedler      F ├╝rsten F eld
Kirchenplatz 5 A-8280 F├╝rstenfeld
Tel / Fax / GSM:   (+43) 3382 51263 / 3382 51264 / 676 3074101
View raw message