tomcat-users mailing list archives

From p...@orionsci.com (Len, Peter)
Subject Tomcat3.1 & solaris2.7 - problems with shutdown.sh
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 22:27:13 GMT
Hello,

I am running Tomcat 3.1 on a solaris 2.7 machine.  I sent an earlier
message indicating that the shutdown.sh was not really stopping the
listener (port 8080).  A couple responses indicated that it could have
been that something was commented out in the server.xml file but I could
not find any linkage.  I have since tried it on another solaris 2.7
machine and it worked fine so I don't believe it is a 2.7 issue.  The
machine where it works fine is listed as a:

SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-08 Sun4w sparc SUNW, Ultra-Enterprise

The one that it does NOT work on is:

SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 Sun4m sparc SUNW, SPARCstation 20

I don't know if the issue is some patch or something with the actual
OS.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again.

Peter Len