tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph A. Rank" <j...@trapdoor.net>
Subject bogus build.bat messages
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 05:57:55 GMT
Quite new to servlets, Tomcat, Ant, et. al.

I have Tomcat 3.1 running on Win98, and have tried to step through the
suggested development process in the appdev documentation.

I am hitting two snags. First, when I run build.bat on my little
homegrown HeyWorld servlet, the following output is produced:

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache\jakarta-tomcat\work\prac\heyworld
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 1 source files to
C:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\Apache\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\heyworld\WEB-INF\classes
Performing a Modern Compile
Completed in 1 seconds

But when I look in webapps\heyworld\WEB-INF\classes, nothing is there. I
am also getting the setDescription() error when I try to start up
Tomcat, so I commented out all descriptions in web.xml, and now I'm just
getting a "cannot load servlet" as the last line of the Tomcat startup
output.

Any guidance would sure be appreciated.

-Joe
--