tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kurt Bernhard Pruenner <l...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Skills Challenge - off topic
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:03:25 GMT
Wyn Easton wrote:
> How can I somehow set a debug flag in my JSPs to use US ASCII
> if the flag is set and UTF-8 if not?
> I've tried surrounding the "page" JSP tag with an "if", but
> the page directive is processed first and moved to the beginning of
> the generated java file. I've tried replacing the String
> "text/html;charset=utf-8" with a String variable, no luck.
> Hmmm...

How about using

<%
if (DEBUG)
 response.setContentType("text/html;charset=utf-8")
else
 response.setContentType("text/html;charset=<whatever>")
%>

somewhere in the beginning of the page? You could probably put this and other
things you need on every page into a seperate file and just use

<%@ include file="<whatever>.jsp" %>

at the top of your files...

Problem solved? :)

--
Kurt Pruenner - Haendelstrasse 17, 4020 Linz, Austria | Briareos at Olymp BBS:
http://www.mp3.com/Leak http://www.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at | ssh bbs@138.232.112.32