tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bo Jordan <bjor...@oakgrovesoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache/Tomcat Setup on Win2000 Professional
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2000 06:29:49 GMT
Don:

I suspect that your JAVA_HOME environmental variable is not properly
set.  javac is required for compilation of JSPs, and is probably not
being found.  Try including

    SET JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.3\

in your startup.bat file.  Then try the test JSPs.

Bo

Simon Lam wrote:

> Dear Don Lee,
>
> 	You'd better post your tomcat-apache.conf here.
>
> At 2000-10-31 11:42:00 you wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to run Apache/Jakarta-Tom cat on Windows 2000 Professional but it's not
successful.
>> If anyone has suggestion/input about what I did for setup, I'll eternally appreciate
it.
>> (Please bear in mind that I'm a beginner in Java/JSP/Apache world)
>>
>> Again, my OS is Windows 2000 Professional, not unix.
>>
>> (1) JDK1.3
>> Downloaded JDK1.3 and installed under c:\jdk1.3.
>> Set the path value for  C:\jdk1.3\bin;C:\jdk1.3\lib.
>> (from System property GUI not from autoexec.bat)
>>
>> (2) Apache
>> Downloaded apache_1_3_12_win32.exe.
>> Installed under C:\program Files\Apache Group\Apache
>> Added "ServerName localhost" on \conf\httpd.conf
>> (actual line doesn't have quotes)
>>
>> (3) Jakarta-Tomcat
>> Downloaded jakarta-tomcat Win32 version.
>> Installed under C:\program files\apache group\jakarta-tomcat
>>
>> (4) Mod_jserv
>> Downloaded ApacheModuleJServ.dll
>> Installed under C:\Program files\apache group\apache\modules
>> Registered dll with regsrv32.exe
>>
>> (5) httpd.conf edit
>> Include "C:/program files/apache group/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf" to
the end.
>> Start tomcat using \bin\startup.bat.
>> Start Apache.
>>
>> After I did all these steps, I tried with http://localhost:8080/ , it's working.
>> I can see html files.
>> Also, I can execute sample serverlets that come with tomcat-jakarta.
>> But when I tried to execute sample jsp files, I'm getting 500 error.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong here?
>>
>> Any input will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Don
>>

> Regards,                 Z
> Simon Lam               Z
>                m(_ _)m
> Simon Lam(Lin Yang) ICQ:33310990
> Email: simonlam@engineer.com
>        simonlam@sjtu.edu
>        noisebar@canada.com

/**
 * Robert (Bo) Jordan              919/362.1205 office
 * bjordan@oakgrovesoftware.com    919/362.1301 fax
 * http://bo.cornbreadtree.org     919/454.5704 mobile/voicemail
 **/