tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kogan <ko...@ptc.com>
Subject Naming exception in standalone Tomcat
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:58:08 GMT
Hello,

Sorry for raising this topic again, but I just
want to clear up this.

I'm running jboss BETA-PROD-03 and Tomcat 3.2 beta6
completely separately (no integration at all!) under JDK 1.3

The following problem appears when I following the
recommendation
from jboss "Manual":

M> jBoss Libraries
M>      The following jBoss libraries should be copied to web
app/WEB-INF/lib: 		M>      jboss-client.jar, jnp-client.jar,
ejb.jar, jta-spec1_0_1.jar

M> JNDI Configuration
M>      The jndi.properties files should be copied to web
app/WEB-INF/classes

M> EJB Client Code
M>      The EJB client code should go in web
app/WEB-INF/classes

In such configuration I always get the
NoInitialContextException

javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate
class:
	org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory.  Root exception is
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
         at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java,
Compiled Code)
         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:314)
         at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
         at
com.sun.naming.internal.VersionHelper12.loadClass(VersionHelper12.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java, Compiled
Code)
         at
javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java,
Compiled Code)
         at
engas.client.EngasClient.setInitialContext(EngasClient.java,
Compiled Code)
         at engas.web.Engas.init(Engas.java, Compiled Code)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	[...]

This problem does NOT occurs when I add all jboss jars and
jndi.properties
into Tomcat CLASSPATH.

Is it Tomcat's problem or mine (wrong DNA or something)?

My deployment descriptor looks like that:

~/Engas/demo0: jar -tf build/engas.war
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/web.xml
WEB-INF/lib/jboss-client.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jnp-client.jar
WEB-INF/lib/ejb.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jta-spec1_0_1.jar
WEB-INF/lib/JettyUtil.jar
WEB-INF/lib/xerces.jar
WEB-INF/lib/jdom.jar
WEB-INF/classes/engas/
WEB-INF/classes/engas/core/
WEB-INF/classes/engas/core/EngasException.class
WEB-INF/classes/engas/core/XmlDescriptor.class
WEB-INF/classes/engas/client/
WEB-INF/classes/engas/client/EngasCSClient.class
WEB-INF/classes/engas/client/GenericClient.class
WEB-INF/classes/engas/client/EngasClient.class
WEB-INF/classes/engas/web/
WEB-INF/classes/engas/web/EngasServlet.class
WEB-INF/classes/engas/web/Engas.class
WEB-INF/classes/jndi.properties
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
portal.jsp
portalErrorPage.jsp
engasTitle.jsp
toolbar.jsp
softcomp.jsp
software.jsp
portal1.jsp
images/
[...]

Thanks in advance.

Alexander Kogan    Parametric Technology Corporation
kogan@ptc.com      128 Technology Drive, Waltham MA 02453