tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean Dowd <sd...@arcmail.com>
Subject Load balancing status test
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:00:02 GMT
I'm attempting to migrate from jserv to tomcat and everything appears to
be working well, except for testing the status of the servers in my load
balancing set.  The status page appears
(/jserv/status?module=xxx.domain) and I see the correct load balancing
definitions.  But if I poke the Test button for any of them, the page
hangs and I see this exception in tomcat's output:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.handleError(Compiled Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:566)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I can change the state via this page and the load balancing appears to
be distributing requests.  I just can't get the test to work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Tomcat 3.1, Solaris 2.6, JDK 1.2.2_05, Apache 1.3.9 and mod_jserv from
both JServ 1.1 and tomcat 3.1.