tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Gentilin <johngli...@eyecatching.com>
Subject Help, Possible fin_wait2 problem with Tomcat 3.1
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 09:00:28 GMT
I am running a load test of my servlet running Tomcat 3.1, RedHat 6..2,
Sun JDK 1.2.2, and Xerces 1.2.1. The client is a Java Application that
is
sending messages to the server using URLConnection. When the test is
running for 10-20K iterations, the client will throw and occasional
exception
stating that the "File was not found" with the filename being the URL
that
I use to connect to my servlet. A little hunting around lead me to an
article
about Apache Server and a Fin_Wait2 problem. I ran netstat and there
were,
at any one time, 700+ connections in Fin_Wait2. Now my test app is
executing
one transaction at a time so I would only expect to see one or at most
only
a few open connections. I realize that this could be an operating system
problem
but I was hoping someone out there has seen this problem and knows of a
fix / workaround.


Other (important) info:
I am servicing my servlet with HttpServlet#service and not doPost/doGet.

The unit test is running on the same computer as the servlet using a
local
host connection.
The connection is directly through Tomcat and not through Apache.

Apache Server Article
http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/fin_wait_2.html

TIA
John Gentilin



Mime
View raw message