tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Help : can't get java compiling through
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 01:11:02 GMT
Steven Liu wrote:

> Hi, any one can tell me why I cant get the this example compiled out.
> code is at tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/RequestParamExample.java
> when I do javac RequestParamExample.java , get following output:

When you are compiling servlets yourself, you must ensure that the servlet.jar
file that came with Tomcat is visible on your classpath.  Assuming that
TOMCAT_HOME points at your Tomcat installation directory, you can do this like
so (all on one line):

javac -classpath $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/servlet.jar:$CLASSPATH
RequestParamExample.java

>         steven.liu@veritas.com

Craig McClanahan