tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DOIDI Gregory <gdo...@slib.fr>
Subject RE: Is there anyway that we can extend session timeout
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:46:30 GMT
Is somebody have information for how to configure session timeout.
I use Tomcat3.1. I belive I have to do something with server,xml.. but do
not know how and where to configure it.
[DOIDI Gregory]
No you have to configure your web.xml and add this in your web-app
  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>15</session-timeout>
  </session-config>
Phone devise dose not have cookie, we dicided to extend timeout.
If you have some other ways other than URL rewriting, please let me know.
To do tracking session you can use two methods, cookies or url rewriting,
sorry but there is no other way to do this.

Katsyuki