tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Josh Knowles <>
Subject RE: Multipart stuff - inside JSP?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 05:51:48 GMT
I dont know why you would want to do it in a jsp anyways - that kind of
stuff is what servlets are good for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kobe []
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: Multipart stuff - inside JSP?

I was looking at the multipart request handler from oreilly,
(, is it possible to use the same class INSIDE jsp? I mean
in the declaration tags

        class MultipartRequest...

and then call it from there? This is giving me a hell lot of problems.
First, all the IMPORT tags in the class were giving me a problem, so I
removed all those, but now it gives me a problem with the "Hashtable" from
java.util.*, so I removed all of that, and the reference to all "Vectors"..

Now it doesnt work! ALways gives me the "premature ending" IOException..

Please help! Is there something that I cannot do inside the JSP declaration
tags? How to go around this?

View raw message