tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kitching Simon <Simon.Kitch...@orange.ch>
Subject RE: Is 3.1 a production ready release?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:18:50 GMT
Hi,

No, 3.1 is not production quality - I know, I tried :-(

However, 3.2 is due out in a matter of a week or two.
I am using 3.2beta6 for a small-medium volume
business-to-business web site, and it is ok. Not
the fastest webserver in the world, but adequate,
open-source, free, standards-compliant, and
improving at a great rate.

The verdict on 3.2's stability will be coming
in over the next few months, I guess, as
people do try to use it in large sites...