tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mallwitz <c.mallw...@intershop.de>
Subject RE: monitoring memory in Tomcat
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:38:36 GMT
Hi,

> 1) How can I encourage or unfetter Tomcat so that it will allocate
> itself more memory for my Java process (what is the restriction and
> where is it handled).

You can increase the heap size of the VM running tomcat. This can be done by
adding the appropriated command line option to java.exe e.g. -mx96m in the
bin/tomcat script. Don't know if there is a better way.

This will of course not fix your problem if you have a true mem leak
although.

Bye
Chistian
--
Christian Mallwitz INTERSHOP Communications Germany
Senior Software Engineer    phone: +49 3641 894 334