tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Partha Bhattacharjee <part...@trisoft.net>
Subject RE: More on JSP in XML format
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2000 05:09:40 GMT
Hello,

I am sorry, I do not have an answer to the problem but I have another
problem of the same genre.

I am writing a simple xml and parsing that client side with a simple xsl. It
is working fine.

However the problem start when I write the same xml in a jsp file. Sometimes
the jsp will realise that the stuff it contains is a xml sometimes it won't.

I have been working on it for quite some time ( read wasted one day ) and it
appears to have to do something with the tomcat. Can you all tomcat users
write the following jsp and check out.

partha1.jsp
==========
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
 <name> partha </name>
</doc>

partha2.xml
==========
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
 <name> partha </name>
</doc>

Check out if the two files are always giving the same display on the
browser.

Please let me know.

thanks in anticipation

brgds