tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsal...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: JspC HOW-TO? (Was precompilations)
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:22:53 GMT
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 01:29:58PM -0600, Mike La Budde wrote:
> OK, I'm stumped! How do I use JspC to precompile a specific (or all of the)
> .jsp file(s)?
>
> I've tried the following:
>
> jspc -uriroot c:\sfwr\tomcat\webapps\examples
> -webapp  c:\sfwr\tomcat\webapps\examples
> c:\sfwr\tomcat\webapps\examples\jsp\num\numguess.jsp
>
> and various other tries w/out success....
>
> TIA,
>
> Mike

Dear Mike,

	It might help if you post what kind of error you are getting,
or what happens when you try.

For me,

tomcat.sh jspc -v -d /usr/local/tomcat/work/localhost_8080%2Fcontextname -webapp /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myapp

works, it converts my *.jsp files to *.java files (which I
understand now contain the servlet source code).

	What I'm looking for is a tool to convert the servlet
source code to servlet classes, using the unique-class-name generation
algorithm described in
http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-users/2000-August/008481.html
so Tomcat doesn't have to do this work itself when it starts.

	Is there such a tool?  Or has anybody else run into Tomcat going into
500 server errors while trying to compile JSP pages under heavy load,
and if so, how did you deal with it, please?

Yours Sincerely,
Aleksey Tsalolikhin