tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <br...@panix.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.1 standalone - how to resolve ~user requests???
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:50:21 GMT

[Sorry for the repost - but I'm stumped on this one.  I've looked in the
online docs, etc.]

How do I get a *standalone* Tomcat 3.1 server to resolve ~user requests?  The
Apache 1.3.11 server handles ~user requests fine (UserDir public_html).  Is
there something that needs to be added to jakarta-tomcat/conf/server.xml or
a command line argument that lets Tomcat know what '~' expand to?  '~'
expands to /dc/home NOT /home on our systems.

What is Tomcat's equivalent of Apache's  UserDir public_html?

Example:  http://asterix:8081/~bryan

Apache handles this fine.  Tomcat complains that ~bryan directory is not found.

Thanks.

Bryan
mailto:bryan@panix.com