tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ingo Luetkebohle <i...@blank.pages.de>
Subject Re: Automatically reload servlets in WEB-INF/classes?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:23:07 GMT
On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 02:22:37PM -0500, Dana P. Hammond wrote:
> When I compile and store my classes in .../webpages/WEB-INF/classes,
> My understanding is the the WEB-INF/classes directory will automatically
> reload servlets when their class file changes.  Is this true for Solaris with
> NetScape?
> Is there a setting in tomcat?  [Note, I have tried edit/preferences clear memory

Every Context has an attribute "reloadable" that can be true or
false. Set it to true and your servlets will be automatically
reloaded. Note: *only* the servlet class itself will be reloaded, not
any classes it depends on. Check the FAQ for an explanation of
possible work-arounds if that should be your problem.

--
	Ingo Luetkebohle / ingo@blank.pages.de / 95428014
/
|PraxisXML Open Source contact; Computational Linguistics
|student; Fargonauten.DE sysadmin; Gimp Registry (not-)maintainer;
\
its easy to stop using Perl: I do it after every project