tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wyn Easton <wyn_eas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Skills Challenge - off topic
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:02:30 GMT
Hi All,

I just changes several JSPs to support language translations.
I added <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"%>
to the beginning of all of my JSPs. This is great for NLS, but
the Netscape JavaScript Debugger only understands US ASCII and
will not work with utf-8 (bummer).
Now the challenge...
How can I somehow set a debug flag in my JSPs to use US ASCII
if the flag is set and UTF-8 if not?
I've tried surrounding the "page" JSP tag with an "if", but
the page directive is processed first and moved to the beginning of
the generated java file. I've tried replacing the String
"text/html;charset=utf-8" with a String variable, no luck.
Hmmm...

=====
Wyn Easton
wyn_easton@yahoo.com